Monday, March 23, 2015

Quit Your Day Job: I did!


Back when I was first thinking of starting my Etsy shop, and I wasn't sure exactly whether I should go for it, I started reading the Etsy Blog for the courage and inspiration to follow my dreams. The stories and advice I found there gave me the push I needed to go ahead and open the doors on Satsuma Street and list those first few cross stitch patterns, hoping that maybe this crazy idea would work out. So two years later when I was contacted by Etsy and told that they wanted to feature me as one of their "Quit Your Day Job" stories, I was so honored and thrilled, I can't even tell you!


I was happy to be able to share any little bits of advice I could with new or aspiring Etsy sellers, and what was most important to me was to share the message that everyone has to find a unique product to offer and a way of working that suits them, rather than trying to follow someone else's path to success. If you're interested in hearing how I turned cross stitch design into a full time career, I encourage you to go read it, and while you're at it, there are lots of other inspiring stories there too!


Satsuma Street wouldn't be anything at all today without the support of all the wonderful people I've connected with through Instagram, Facebook, and all over the world, so most of all thank you to everyone who has supported the shop and reached out to say hello and let me know you like the patterns! It means so much to know that people like what I'm doing, and inspires me to keep going and making more happy cross stitch patterns for everyone to enjoy!





3 comments:

  1. I love your designs--is there a chance that you'll ever have a pattern available for the big round multicolored beauty on the left side of the first picture? I'd love to get my hands on that! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Jody, It is inspiring. Your product is definitely recognizable, you really have a special style and you found a niche to fill in the cross stitch world :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Jody, It is inspiring. Your product is definitely recognizable, you really have a special style and you found a niche to fill in the cross stitch world :)

    ReplyDelete