Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My true love gave to me...

twelve_days_christmas_cross-stitch_ornaments_sampler_modern_christmas

I've always loved the "Twelve Days of Christmas" song, even if I never fully understood it (what would you want with all those birds??). So I've been wanting to do a Christmas cross stitch pattern of the 12 Days for a long time, and this year I finally got to it ... and well before Christmas, so people can actually get it done in time to enjoy it!

twelve_days_christmas_cross-stitch_ornaments_sampler_modern_christmas

 I love making cross stitch Christmas ornaments, so I originally conceived this project as 12 individual designs. Each ornament is 3.5 x 4.5 inches, so they stitch up fast and are just the right size for hanging on a tree. (The pattern includes directions for finishing them as shown.)

twelve_days_christmas_cross-stitch_ornaments_sampler_modern_christmas

Aren't the little people cute? I don't normally do designs with people in them, so this was a fun change for me.

Anyway I love them as ornaments, but then a few fans on Instagram said they'd love to stitch them all together as one big project, so I also include that option in the pattern as well. I added the text at the top and bottom, which I think adds a nice touch.

twelve_days_christmas_cross-stitch_ornaments_sampler_modern_christmas
Satsuma Street - 12 Days of Christmas Cross Stitch Sampler

So it may seem early in the year to be starting your Christmas crafting, but if you start now and make one ornament a week, you'll be done before Thanksgiving! I don't think you'll be able to make only one a week though... they're awfully fun to stitch!

Visit the Etsy shop and get the PDF pattern as an instant download right here.

xoxo
Jody

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU so very much!!!! I love your patterns and the new Christmas set you have <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refreshing and so bright a version =) I love the song, as well. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete